Thursday, May 14, 2009

It is 2:30 A.M. and once again I am forced through wakefulness to face that my mother dear is gone to Heaven. For many months my body has gotten used to light sleep listening for every call, the bell, a fall, the walker handles loosened and the wheels beginning to move. My house is so quiet even with three others sleeping soundly within it's walls. For the past two days I've heard crickets, birds, the air conditioning sounds replace other sounds that became so familiar. When will I sleep again? I remember this exchange from several days ago...
MeiLing: How long does it take to paint a house?
Me: I don't know baby, why do you ask?
MeiLing: Because Jesus must be still putting the paint on Nie Nie's house and then He will come for her.
Me: What color is the paint?
MeiLing: red
...And the tears flow again.

1 comment:

Sean's Ladies said...

hugs to your heart right now as you learn to live again.